Macroeconomists use their skills, knowledge and expertise to study the pattern of economy in a country. They perform the following:
- Forecasting the economy and propose the appropriate fiscal and monetary policy to a country based on the projection made
- Analysis on the performance of a country in terms of its employability, stability of price level as well as economic growth
- Research on the possible factors to dampen or accelerate the growth of a country
- Developing and testing economic theories used by economists in conducting the analysis, forecasting etc.
- Collecting economic data of a country for analysis and policies development purpose.